KCHEA STRATEGIC PLAN 2020-2021
KCHEA: Saving the Story of Kentucky Craft
The Kentucky Craft History and Education Association gathers, conserves and presents the history and on-going impact of crafts in Kentucky
GOAL I: Strong Organizational Capacity to achieve KCHEA mission
• Continue to document KCHEA activities and projects via formal reports
• Reestablish committees.
• Identified several potential new board members for consideration.
• Surveyed Board skills and interests.
• Refine using Zoom for regular meetings.
• Develop procedures for conducting interview using the Zoom format.
• Continue to participate in informational and development meeting provided by other organizations.
• Raise funds for special projects.
• Pursue Emily Wolfson fundraiser with the Kentucky Guild of Artist & Craftsmen.
• Initiate a KCHEA membership campaign.
• Write a grant to the Oral History Commission.
• Participate in fundraising programs including, Kroger Community Rewards, GoodShop, and Amazon Smile.
GOAL II: Kentuckians to take pride in our long, diverse and continuing craft history (Public Programs and Projects)
• Explore opportunities for future gallery exhibitions.
• Explore forming a traveling exhibit for Main Street Kentucky venues.
• Include the Craft Luminary Memorial list on website.
• Donate interviews produced since 2015 to the Kentucky Historical Society.
• Link transcribed interview videos from KCHEA web site to the Kentucky Historical Society online digital collection, making them available for public viewing.
GOAL III: A strong support system for the identification, research and documentation (i.e. scholarship) of Kentucky Craft History
• Conduct oral history interviews using Zoom as part of ongoing Craft Luminary Project.
• Continue to transcribe and index interviews.
• Produce a series of Zoom videos for the Craft Legacy Project.
• Create a Craft Luminary Memorial list.
• Create Kentucky Craft Timeline.
GOAL IV: A Strong Brand Identity for KCHEA
• Redesign website.
• Maintain KCHEA web site -- posting annual report, activity announcements, and press releases.
• Increase presence on social media accounts including Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.